Sustainable Foothills is sponsoring a contest for local artists. There are 50 gallon blue barrels that need to be painted and/or decorated to look like a recycling bin for glass, plastic, paper and aluminum cans.
1. The blue bins are 50 gallon barrels with a black lid, and they need to be painted in a fun and exciting design. Acrylic paint with a sealant works best.
2. The bins will be used at the NC Blackberry Festival, Lenoir in July and at other outdoor Caldwell County festivities throughout the year. The design must be weather resistant.
3. Each bin will have a plastic bag liner, but it must be distinguishable from a trash can.
4. Bins can be picked up at Sustainable Foothills at 815 Virginia Street in Lenoir.
5. The decorated barrels must be returned by July 9th.
For more information, contact Melissa Patton